I imitated the work of Trent Parke for my artist emulation project. He did lots of cityscapes and pictures of average people going about their daily lives, but used high contrast and interesting lighting to portray his subjects in a new way.
I tried my best to use these traits of Parke's work to my advantage while taking these photos.
I tried my best to use these traits of Parke's work to my advantage while taking these photos.
I was in Chicago over the weekend, and when we were walking around, I saw this woman waiting to cross the street, and it looked a lot like one of Parke's famous shots, so I took a picture, and it turned out pretty cool, I think. Heavy photoshop to get the ridiculous contrast and noise, of course, but otherwise untouched. ;)
I told my sister to go stand on the other side of the road while we were waiting for her doctor's appointment, and I shot these from across the street, as Parke frequently did. By using a brick background (an average building in a city) I think I captured the look of Parke's work while adding the influence of my work to the pictures. Although he usually used black and white with lots of contrast, it's more my style to use very desaturated color instead to portray the same type of emotion, so I did that, and I think it turned out pretty sweet.Tell me what you think! :)
1 comment:
Good job with the contrast Senor Contrast... haha.
No, but for real, I like these a lot.
And as I said earlier today, they kind of look like a broken apart panoramic + on top of each other it forms a repitition that's really eye-catching.
I LIKE :]
Post a Comment